Thursday, October 12, 2017

Tell One Friend: Thank a Friend for Recycling

A simple and positive word will keep a friend recycling. Thank them for doing it. It's a win-win situation for both of you. It will keep you happy and they will feel appreciated.


Use these ideas to get started: 

Reinforce Habits
"I noticed that you recycle as much as you can. Thank you. It makes a big difference."

Then, listen to their story. Don't judge. Ask questions like, "why do you like to recycle?" Remember to keep the conversation about them. 

Make It Convenient 
"I found having a recycling bin under my bathroom sink helps me recycle empty shampoo bottles." 

One Small Ask
"It sounds like you know what to recycle. If you are ever unsure, can we chat? I don't have all of the answers but we can find out together."

     

No comments:

Post a Comment